Heated Ski Boot Bag – THERMAL TREKKER
The best heated, insulated and technically designed travel ready ski boot backpack for boots, helmet, gear and apparel. Quicker and more efficient heating of boots and gear. Highly compartmentalized and organized. Travel ready straps. Super durable and built to last. “The best part of this bag is it didn’t just warm up the boot shell and make it 75% easier to put on, it even warmed my liners.”
Colors Cool Grey with Black and Orange accents.
Fabrics Super durable, water-resistant 1680D ballistic nylon, polyester and PVC free tarpaulin.
Sizing Ski boots up to Mondo 31 (US Shoe Men’s 13).
Volume 62L / 3800 cu in.
Dimensions 18”H x14.5”L x 20”W.
- Heated Side Boot Pockets – Two contoured, insulated and conduction heated side boot pockets warms ski boots quickly.
- Dual Plugs – 120V wall plug & 12V /90W automobile plug (draws 7.5 Amps).
- Central Compartment – Large top loading compartment for ski pants, tops, base layers and gear.
- Wide Mouth Front Pocket – For lunch, water and gear.
- Helmet Sling – Retractable and deploys from a zippered pocket to securely hold a helmet to pack exterior for maximum ventilation.
- Backpack Grade Support – Padded & contoured adjustable shoulder straps combined with a padded spacer mesh back panel, lifter straps, sternum strap and waist belt.
- Travel Straps – The shoulder straps and waist belt may be tucked behind the back panel for airline baggage check. Helmet packs in front pocket.
- Pack Release™ – Shoulder Strap dislodge buckles for simple pack removal.
- Goggle Wrap™ – Strategically located, soft material hanging pouch for the ultimate goggle protection.
- ID Panel – Write your name or mark the pack as your own on this designated panel.
- Extended Zipper Pulls – Extended zipper pulls for easy use with gloves.
- Performance Handle – Wide polyurethane wrapped top handle.
- Smart Straps™ – Looped webbing ends for attaching karabiners.
- Stress Reinforcement – Bar tacking on major stress points for added reinforcement.
- Protective Bottom – Generous amounts of durable, water-resistant PVC free tarpaulin (TPU) bottom and lower sides.
- Materials – Durable, water-resistant polyurethane coated: 1680D nylon and 600D Kodra and 420D polyester. PVC free Tarpaulin.
- Patent Pending.
- Socially and ethically manufactured.
- View Features
- Heated Boot Bag Reviews
- Find a Retailer
- Buy Online
What’s so special about the Thermal Trekker?KULKEA brings heated boot bags to a new level. The Thermal Trekker is three great solutions in one. First, it heats boots more quickly and efficiently. Second, it’s a highly organized ski boot bag and backpack designed on KULKEA’s Intuitive Packing System. Third, it includes KULKEA’s newly developed Travel Straps for quick and easy storage of the Shoulder Straps and Waist Belt when checking the bag for airline travel.
Why is the Thermal Trekker’s ski boot heating better?It’s KULKEA’s Thermal Conduction Design. Unlike other heated boot bags, the Thermal Trekker separates boots into their own side pockets. Boots are then entirely wrapped within their own insulated electric heating system. This unique design maximizes the amount of surface-to-surface heat transfer for quicker and more efficient heating of boots!
Why a heated ski boot bag?First, our heated boot bag will soften the outer plastic shell of alpine ski boots making it easier for the skier to put boots on. Second, a warmed boot will allow the skier to start the day with a warm foot.
Who needs a Thermal Trekker?Men, women and older teenagers who want a large, highly compartmentalized, premium quality electrically heated boot bag.
Does it heat other ski gear and apparel?Absolutely. The large top loading Central Compartment warms gear and apparel.
Can the Thermal Trekker be used in an automobile?Yes. It may be plugged into automobiles equipped with a 12V plug (draws 7.5 Amps).
Is the Thermal Trekker a dryer?We understand that some skiers seek to use heated boot bags as dryers. However, our view is that heated boot bags should be used for warming items, and that the drying of gear and apparel should instead be accomplished in a well-ventilated environment.
Is the Thermal Trekker a “carry on” or “luggage” bag for airline travel?The travel ready Thermal Trekker has been both carried on and checked as luggage for airline travel. KULKEA cannot, however, confirm whether the Thermal Trekker will meet the requirements of any particular airline for carry-on luggage as these specifications vary by airline as well as internationally.
Where should I store my helmet when checking the bag for airline travel?Helmets may be stored in either the main Central Compartment or the Front Pocket.
What should I do with the Shoulder Straps and Waist Belt when checking the bag for airline travel?The Thermal Trekker includes KULKEA’s newly designed Travel Strap system. This unique design allows these straps to be stored behind the pack’s Back Panel for travel in three easy steps.
- Step 1 – Disengage the Waist Belt buckle, the Sternum Strap buckle and the Pack Release buckles.
- Step 2 – Tuck the waist belt and shoulder straps into the notches along the edges of the Back Panel.
- Step 3 – Reengage the Pack Release buckles while behind the back panel.
Is the Thermal Trekker for children?The Thermal Trekker is a large pack designed for adults and larger teenagers.
- Check that the heated pads, sleeves and cords are properly attached to the bag.
- Remove snow and moisture from the outer shell of ski boots and place one boot in each side boot pocket with toes pointing toward the front of the bag.
- Zip boot pockets closed; boot pockets may remain slightly unzipped for ventilation.
- Remove any items that may be sensitive to heat, such as goggles, helmet or leather.
- To warm boots insert AC plug into 120V wall outlet and select designed setting.
- To keep ski boots warm during transit insert DC plug into 12V automobile outlet.
- The heating system is for use only within the Kulkea designated and approved bag and for purposes of warming alpine ski boots and apparel.
- To clean, unplug the bag and allow it to completely cool before hand spot cleaning.
- If wet, allow the bag to ventilate; never put in an electric dryer or use a hand dryer.
- Store the bag in a cool dark and dry place when not in use.
CautionThe pack is used for carrying heavy alpine ski gear. Skiing, ski gear and winter conditions are inherently dangerous, and caution must be taken at all times when using this product. Never use this product improperly, too close to property or other people. This pack is designed for use by adults.
AC Plug / 3 Heat Setting ControllerThe AC plug has a 3 Heat Settling Controller for warming boots. The settings adjust the wattage and time to generate around 140F/60C of heat. The AC plug is connected by an 80” / 203cm cord and is for use indoors only.
Controller Setting Guidance:
- H (160W) – For use between 1-3 hours.
- M (120W) – For use between 3-6 hours.
- L (80W) – For use between 6-8 hours.