Dylan Aker - Freestyle Skier
Dylan and is family moved from the Sandy Beaches of the Jersey Shore to the Green Mountains of Vermont. Aker started skiing in 2014 at Pico Mountain in Mendon Vermont. While most of his new friends had been skiing since they could walk, Dylan was just learning at the age of 9. As his love for the mountain grew, so did his urge to find more terrain. Dylan soon realized there was so much more to the sport to discover. Aker took to skiing quickly and in his 3rd season he switched his focus more towards free skiing and the Parks at neighboring Killington Mountain.
This evolved into his desire to compete. Dylan has become a dedicated athlete who has competed both locally and nationally.
With this awesome new experience of free skiing he has also been able to discover ski camps in British Columbia, Colorado and in Oregon. Meeting many like minded athletes and working and training with so many extremely talented coaches and skiers, has all contributed to who he is as a skier and an individual today.
Dylan is passionate about skiing and continues developing and creating his own style as a freeskier.
10 Questions and answers from Dylan:
- Favorite Music? Anything but Opera.
- Favorite place in the world? British Columbia.
- Favorite food? Spanish croquettes.
- Favorite color? White.
- A guilty pleasure of yours? I eat too many Reese's peanut butter cups.
- A mentor or someone you look up to inside of skiing? Andy Parry, Javier Spiegel.
- A mentor or someone you look up to outside of skiing? Pastor Dave and my brother Justin (just don't tell him).
- Favorite ski trick? Switch 2 on continuing 2 out.
- Favorite activity outside of skiing? Soccer, four-wheeling, baseball.
- What music do you listen to while skiing? 90’s rap, Hard rock.